Garden rooms
  Re: (0...)
I love building garden rooms. I now have 7 in my 1/3 acre garden, ALTA BIRDSONG. Here is one...

I use the hostas as a "wall" to define the space

[Image: 100_6798.jpg]

The stairs define the "entry"

[Image: 100_6799.jpg]

I "decorate" the room with designer hosta and miniature Japanese maples, and "focal point" hardscaping.

[Image: 100_6766.jpg]

This hosta is like a living "sculpture" At the entrance to the room.

[Image: 100_6745.jpg]

And of course, you must have a comfortable chair to enjoy your room.

[Image: 100_6873.jpg]
  Re: Re: Garden rooms (Nice to see your lov...)
Wow that really is a lovely garden. Beautiful range of colours and the design is tranquil.

Really? "WOW" so "BEAUTIFUL!" i am speechless....
  Re: Re: Garden rooms (Really? "WOW" so "BE...)
Nice work indeed! Depending on the layout and the space you have available, I could see a small water feature really enhancing this gorgeous room. Keep up the good work!

Mike
Happy Gardening!
No Fear Gardening Advice
  Re: Garden rooms by SWMOgardens (I love building gard...)
Great scaping,looks the colors all blend in.Question What is the focal point from the seating area? Just wondering,if it is a relaxing area, or people watching ?
  Re: Re: Garden rooms by Star (Great scaping,looks ...)
Now where am I going to sit my coffee mug when we sit and have hot tea or coffee in one of your beautiful "rooms?" I didn't see a side table..hint! hint!

Have you ever tried growing a hosta in a flower pot/container?
We can't have hostas because of the Bambi and friends visiting unless we want to be out there spraying Liquid Fence every clear day. This is what a neighbor has to do and she has beautiful hostas and has offered me some of hers as they need dividing. So far I have declined her offer but am starting to reconsider and try to grow in a nice pot/container on the patio. It would be easier to spray one container than an entire bed of them as she has.