I have Chameleon Ground Covering plant on the side of my house. It stinks up to high heaven when it is touched or picked. It is VERY invasive, it is starting to choke other plants that are near it. It has also started showing up in spots in the grass. Please, if anyone knows about it, I would like to know how to get rid of it. I would use chemicals if necessary. At this point I wouldn't care if I had to wait a year before I could plant something else. I just want to get rid of it. Any ideas?

Chameleon (Houttuynia cordata) mayda I have Chameleon Gro...
I also made that same mistake. But, have been spraying RoundUp trying to get rid of it. So far spraying has worked some, but will need to keep it up for a while. I tried pulling the plant out, but the odor was terrible. So, RoundUp. Smile The root system goes very deep, so pulling it out is not the thing to do. Started out with a large space with it, but now that space is very small. Guess the Roundup is working (some). Good luck,
I'm not sure, but don't think you have to wait that long to replant some other plant. Happy Gardening, StanetteTN6
Chameleon (Houttuynia cordata)