Daffodils are poisinous and the foliage stays around for a LONG time. Deer LOVE hostas! This has worked for me. When I plant a hosta I plant about 5 daffodils around it (about 12" away from the hosta). When the hosta emerges in Spring the daffodils are already mature and hiding the hosta. The deer and bunnies don't seem to go over the foliage of the daffodil. Then when the daffodil foliage fades the critters don't seem to like the mature leaves of the hostas. This method of planting has worked for me (knock on wood). But we all know IF DEER ARE HUNGRY THEY WILL EAT ANYTHING.

Using DAFFODILS to keep deer out of my hosta beds Lark Daffodils are poisin...
I also did so. I followed the method to keep bunnies away from my hostas. Daffodils are really mind refreshing. It's nice to have these while growing vegetables.

home and garden easy.com

Re: Using DAFFODILS to keep deer out of my hosta beds Sarina_S I also did so. I fol...
Great idea placing daffodils as your warriors in your garden for those animals wanted your houseplant.
  Using DAFFODILS to keep deer out of my hosta beds Lark Daffodils are poisin...
Such strength of Daffodils is entirely new information for me. I am known to this plant and with the help of this page, I got some new information about the plant best photo editing services. I think I need to encourage your works for sharing such useful details.
Using DAFFODILS to keep deer out of my hosta beds