What seeds are you starting?
  Re: Re: What seeds are you starting? by margaret46366 (I go through my seed...)
Hi, I'm new on here & just read your post, but wanted to tell you that I would recommend ordering healthy plants from www.bluestoneperennials.com. They even have offers for groups of 3 plants at reasonable prices & nice sales also. I am pleased with the quality of plants I've received. Happy Gardening!
  Re: Re: What seeds are you starting? by Sagimoon (Hi, I'm new on here ...)
Going outside today to get some peas, radishes, carrots, romaine and spinach in the ground. Yum! Also hoping to get started on removing about 130 square feet of sod so I can put in the 3 new Fairy rose bushes I picked up, along with some Jackmanii and Josephine clematis. Some of the hollyhocks, impatiens, petunias and geraniums from my son's science fair project can go in too. Fun, fun, fun!
The great thing about gardening is that you always get a chance to start over!
  Re: Re: What seeds are you starting? by IntrepidMeredith (Going outside today ...)
I, too, am new to this forum, and am also zone 4, but in Minnesota. Probably rushing the season a little, but have a major project replacing old shrubs, and establishing new flower beds outlining the front yard. Had a plan drawn by local nursery and following some suggestions, substituting some. So far have planted Purple Emperor Sedum, May Night Salvia and Pink Diamond Hydrangea. It looks so empty, but I know they'll fill out - if they survive. Am waiting for their Shenandoah Switch Grass to add to the inside corners. Also, planted a new variety of Flowering Crab: Malus Royal Rainbow. Any info or suggestions on any of this?
  Re: Re: What seeds are you starting? by mamaboss (I, too, am new to th...)
We are all anxiously awaiting Spring and warmer weather, but be careful planting before last chance of frost date in your area. One year we jumped the gun and had a cold spell hit and we lost a few hundred dollars worth of plants. If you dig into your soil, you will find it is also too cold to plant most flowering plants. Not a vegetable planter so can't advise there. We're supposed to have a lot of rainfall most of this week or be cloudy when not raining. Good day for looking at mail order catalogues and planning one's flower beds or vegetable garden, making notes about last year's success or failures, likes and dislikes. I bought a garden planner notebook last year and have yet to write in it. I've been looking through some of my flower gardening books for ideas.
  Re: What seeds are you starting? by IntrepidMeredith (Weather forecasters ...)
Quite often it depends on different factors. First of all, my wants, then approximate weather forecast. It's hard to choose. Sometimes I just order many different seeds and choose what to plant later. I check postal codes on postcodefinder.net and then just wait for delivery.
Quite often it depends on different factors. First of all, my wants, then approximate weather forecast. It's hard to choose. Sometimes I just order many different seeds and choose what to plant later. I check postal codes on postcodefinder.net and then just wait for delivery.
No one can see it coming which was the great thing about the facts that are about to come with assignment help and other services like that . With amazing support of the people assignment help Sydney is ruling the market.