Floating Vegetable Garden
  Re: (0...)
I have a floating garden. I think it is pretty unique. It is a large cedar log float with four raised beds. It floats offshore on a log boom to keep it away from hungry critters. I grow vegetables including lettuce, onions, herbs, carrots and potatoes. By rotating crops I get quite a bit to use in salads, etc. You can see it at http://powellriverbooks.blogspot.com
I would be interested in your comments. Has anyone else used something similar? -- Margy
  Re: Floating Vegetable Garden by drmargy (I have a floating ga...)
do you have like a big river or stream? b/c i cant imagine a big log with plants in a small pond
  Re: Re: Floating Vegetable Garden by greenbean20 (do you have like a b...)
Sorry it took me so long to answer your question. We live in a floating cabin on Powell Lake in Coastal British Columbia. The shore is a massive granite cliff not very conducive to planting much of a garden. Consequently I asked my friend to build me a cedar log float that could hold four raised beds of dirt in which to grown my veggies. It works really well. An added benefit is that I can pull it away from shore to keep hungry critters out. If you go to my blog you can see pictures under the topic of "Gardening." - Margy
  Re: Floating Vegetable Garden by drmargy (I have a floating ga...)
It is good to garden the vegetables and fruits in your home family room addition floor plans. You can get fresh vegetables with it. It will be good for your health. I used to plant many vegetables in the courtyard of my home. Thanks for sharing the blog.