RE: Rabbits!!!
  Re: (0...)
I have several rabbits in my garden. They happily munched on my grass all summer, but not my flowers. Well, that's changed - my asters are history, for example. Does anyone know how to rid my yard of rabbits humanely? And I already have a dog, but the rabbits don't run from him because he can't really see or catch them - cataracts and arthritis!
  Re: RE: Rabbits!!! by Bryan (I have several rabbi...)
Your dog can still be of use here. When you groom your dog or vacuum the house, take the accumulated dog hair and put it around your plants. Also, when you let the dog out to relieve himself, guide him to your garden area so he can do his business there. If he's litter/paper trained for indoors, instead of disposing the waste products (moreso urine than the other) in the garbage can, put them in the garden (mind you, if this were a vegetable garden, I'd be more wary about doing this, but you mentioned only flowers, so...). Even just walking your dog around the area a lot will help to put his scent out there. If you have a friend with a dog, invite him over for a play date too! Most areas of the country don't have too much longer to go before frost starts taking its toll on our flowery friends, so anything you do just needs to last until the colder weather would be doing its job anyway. Chicken wire around the garden is ugly, but then you won't have to look at it for very long (this year). Also, you could try this homemade deer spray (it should work on rabbits too): Beat together 1 egg and 1/2 cup milk. Add 1 tablespoon dish detergent, 1 tablespoon cooking oil and 1 gallon of water (adding hot spice, optional). Allow it to ferment for a few days, then shake it up and spray it on the plants you want to protect. Respray every 2 weeks. The stench you smell while it's wet will disappear once it dries! Good luck!!
The great thing about gardening is that you always get a chance to start over!