Whimsical container May/June 2008 issue
  Re: (0...)
Hi,
Does anyone know where to get instructions on constructing the whimsical container in the May/June 2008 issue using rebar and steel?

The Web Extras section shows construction using lumbar.

Thanks
  Re: Whimsical container May/June 2008 issue by clamira123 (Hi, [br]Does anyone ...)
Hi, I had seen this done before, but with just a single rebar hammered in the ground (in choice location as it will be pretty permanent). I plan to do one myself pretty soon. Let me know how yours turns out. Happy Gardening! JoAnn
  Re: Re: Whimsical container May/June 2008 issue by Sagimoon (Hi, I had seen this ...)
Check the Garden Gate magazine website. I think I saw it there but isn't it in that specific issue?
  Re: Re: Whimsical container May/June 2008 issue by Pippi (Check the Garden Gat...)
You can download the instructions/plans from website. I wonder how they get the rebar bent or slanted like the stack is leaning? Rebar that we have worked with is pretty strong. Maybe if you put it in a strong vise and sledge hammer, it might bend?
  Re: Re: Whimsical container May/June 2008 issue by Pippi (You can download the...)
You don't need to bend the rebar. It remains straight. The tipped effect comes from how the pots are placed over the rebar. Thread the rebar through the bottom hole of the pot, then tip the pot sideways until the rebar hits the rim of the pot. Tip successive pots in opposite directions to get the curvy effect. Have fun!
The great thing about gardening is that you always get a chance to start over!
  Re: Whimsical container May/June 2008 issue by clamira123 (Hi, [br]Does anyone ...)
If you google "tipsy pots" thinking that should get you some info on how to make.
Also, visit the
www.gardenweb.com
website, they have someone making them all the time. There are a lot of forums there, you will have to search, maybe garden junk, or something like that, forgot which. Good luck, the info is there all over for that creation.
Warm regards,
  Re: Re: Whimsical container May/June 2008 issue by wisconsingal (If you google "tipsy...)
I made one and have had lots of comments. I put the rebar directly in the ground, then I used broken bricks in the bottom pot to help anchor it, to keep from using so much soil and it also gives the second pot something sturdy to sit on. Now, I'm making small ones for my front porch, but I'm using glazed ceramic pots, so I'm using the lumber in the bottom to make a base for the rebar. Hope this helps.
Carole